Get all the delicious recipes from Borden® Cheese HERE
My awesome sponsor, Borden® Cheese, is THE place to go for the most incredible, cheesy recipes! They generously send me selections to share with you in my newsletter, and here on my web page, and have dozens more on their site www.BordenCheese.com.
Take a look and see how these might fit into your winter meal planning and make sure to visit Borden® Cheese for more gooey goodness!
Cheesy Sausage Vegetable Soup
This hearty meat,vegetable and cheeeeezy soup, looks especially satisfying for a cold and crisp, (or more likely wet and dreary,) day. I'll try it if you will!
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. sausage links, cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 lbs. zucchini, diced
- 4 to 5 large carrots, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. Borden® Butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) chicken or beef broth
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1½ cups Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Remove sausage from skillet and keep warm. Add onions and garlic to skillet and cook until onions are tender. Stir in zucchini and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are crisp-tender; set aside.
- MELT butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour until it forms a paste. Add the broth a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in the evaporated milk and 1 cup cheese. Continue cooking, stirring continuously, until the cheese has melted. Stir in the reserved sausage and vegetable mixture.
- TOP with remaining ½ cup cheese before serving.
Add 1 head of chopped cabbage; or add 2 bunches of torn Swiss chard, torn spinach into the soup when you stir in the cheese.
Cheesy Flatbread Pizza
MmMm! I'm all about this recipe! Perfect for every holiday get-together, there won't be a cheesy slice left! Visit Borden® Cheese for more fantasically cheesy recipes and ideas!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus a small amount for brushing
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Borden® Cheese Mild Cheddar Shreds
- 8 strips thick sliced bacon, cooked crisp and broken into 1-inch pieces
- 4 whole garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, cut in strips
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- BRUSH the bread with a small amount of olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Spread 1½ cups cheese evenly around the bread. Top evenly with bacon pieces.
- HEAT 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the sliced garlic cloves and sauté until lightly browned. Sprinkle onto the pizza. Arrange sliced tomatoes and red onions over the pizza.
- ADD parsley to the remaining ½ cup cheese and spread over other ingredients.
- BAKE for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Elsie's Mac and Cheese
Oh my word has it been windy at the farm! The kids are blowing in from school, cold and hungry! Absolutely nothing does the trick this time of year better than (my) original comfort food, mac'n cheese!
And Elsie's Mac and Cheese from Borden® Cheese is THE best! Warm, and smooth, and oh-so-cheesy, it's like a big, delicious hug!
- 1½ cups Borden® Cheese Triple Cheddar Shreds
- 1 cup Borden® Cheese Colby & Monterey Jack Shreds
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 tbsp. Borden® butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Borden® Vitamin D Milk
- 1 cup Borden® Half & Half
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 1½-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cheeses in a medium bowl and set aside.
- COOK macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- MEANWHILE, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Gradually whisk in milk and half & half. Stir constantly, until mixture boils and thickens (about 2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat and add cayenne and black peppers, and 2 cups of the reserved cheese mixture; stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- STIR cooked macaroni into the sauce and season to taste. Place in the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese and dot with additional butter, if desired. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
And don't feed it all to the kids, us parents need some cheesy comfort too!