This healthful and hearty soup makes a wonderful lunch or dinner to fill you up and warm you up from the inside out on a chilly winter day. It's a perennial favorite of my family, and I bet it will be for yours too!
The only real effort is in prepping the veggies, after that, it's mainly just toss in a pot and cook till yummy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add chili powder and cumin; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, 1 can of the beans, corn, and pepper; bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree together tomatoes and remaining can of beans; add to pot.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.