The kids love, love, love to make brownies. And eat them. Copious amounts of them. While left to their own devices, these chocolaty pillows of pleasure would come from a box, but Mamma Bear often intrudes and encourages them "scratch it."
Here's what we came up with the other night. We dubbed them Broadway Brownies, because I was talking about my experience with Broadway in Bryant Park, and because after eating we decided they were Award Winning!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.