I posted a request to my facebook page for you all to send in your favorite winter-time recipes. You know, the kind that makes you feel all warm and cozy... Here's the first of many that landed in my mail bag. Sounded soooo yummy!
Enjoy this one and keep 'em coming!
LEMON ANGEL HAIR PASTA
Submitted by Maria Martella
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 lb Angel Hair Pasta
- 1-2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 lemons
- 1 Head of Garlic (10-12 cloves)
- 1/2 T crushed hot pepper flakes
- 2T Oregano (or more to taste)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese generous amount
- Bring 4 cups of Chicken stock and 2 cups Water to boil in large pot.
- Add Angel Hair Pasta (or any thin variety), adjusting amounts of liquid as needed. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta; place liquid aside.
- In the meantime, heat EV Olive Oil in saute' pan.
- Wash, roll, and juice 3 lemons, and zest the rind lemons, into saute' pan, add crushed hot pepper flakes, minced, grated or whole garlic. and oregano. Saute' for approximately 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss lemon/pepper/garlic mixture in with pasta. Use a little of the liquid to loosen pasta if desired.
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve as a side to chicken, fish, or pork.
This is so quick to make, you can add, roasted vegetables, chicken or shrimp to make an entire meal. Use vegetable broth for a vegan side. Use mint, parsley, or basil, whatever you have on hand; the secret is in the fresh lemon juice and zest. Its very versatile, warms my soul and brightens it too!