So now I try to follow a general rule of thumb called the 80/20 rule. I try to fill my plate with 80 percent of vegetables and fruits and just 20 percent with bread, pasta, grains or potatoes and a protein. It’s hard. Ohhh it’s hard! Especially on Easter Sunday, I cannot lie!
But I also follow another 80/20 rule and that is to really try to eat this way 80 percent of the time and allow myself to indulge in the other stuff 20 percent of the time. That way, I’m being a realist. I can go to a friend’s house or a restaurant and not feel the need to decline food. I can enjoy Easter feasts over the weekend and not feel guilty. I can feed cravings little bits at a time. I can be happy! And that’s a big part in my success.
I ran across a great article about eating colorful foods that I want to pass along from The Old Farmer’s Almanac Web site. Hopefully it will shed some more light on the subject and inspire a healthier meal choice tonight while you listen to my show. Click here to read it and take care of you!