Beer Battered Fish Fry
Use this light, crispy batter on your recent catch, for the best fish-fry all season! Cut up some potatoes into fries or jo-jo's and batter 'em up too! Roll your favorite veggies in it, and throw them in the fryer. Onions, Broccoli, Zuchini and Carrots come to mind.
Fish prepared this way makes an amazing fish taco! Slice a piece on the diagnol and place into a warm corn tortilla with shredded lettuce and aioli sauce. Mmmmmm.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 quart oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg, beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place cod in the bowl, and thoroughly coat with the mixture.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the Panko bread crumbs and Cajun seasoning. Dip the cod in the crumb mixture, and thoroughly coat all sides.
- In a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 365 degrees. Fry the fish until golden brown, and flesh is easily flaked with a fork.