If you think perhaps you do as well, try this recipe. You won't be disappointed!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan
- To prepare crust: Combine flour, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter to make a crumbly mixture. Press teh mix into the buttered pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not over cook!
- To prepare filling: Mix eggs, sugar, flour, and lemon joice. Pour over baked crust, bake for another 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when done. Cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
I think I have a thing for lemon bars. OK, I KNOW I have a thing for lemon bars. As soon as I've discovered THE BEST recipe around, another comes along, and I love it just as much!
Maybe it's the universal appeal of lemony lusciousness. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, does anyone turn away a lemon bar, when offered.
Maybe it's the universal "season" of lemons - yes, I know they ripen in the summer in climes where they are grown, but that's not here in the Pacific Northwest - they are in the same spot in the grocers display 12 months out of the year. Winter, spring, summer, or fall...
An maybe it's just cuz lemon bars are sooo darn good!
Cookin' It with Kix. my September book club pick, has a recipe for lemon squares;of course, I tried it. Of course I loved them! I found the filling to be a perrrrfect consistency, probably because of the 4 eggs. (Any excuse I have to use more eggs around here!)
Linde, who works with my production staff in the LA area made a batch and took them to the office... It appears they all have a thing for lemon bars - er - squares too!
Click on over to my book review of
Cookin' It with Kix!